Ms. Abhilasha Niroola
Abhilasha’s core area of practice is Technology, Media and Telecommunications; Intellectual Property Laws. In the Firm, her primary job profile includes dealing with Media & Entertainment clients and handling Trademark and Patent prosecution matters and is extensively involved in business development activities of the Firm.
Her expertise includes:
- Patent and Trademark prosecution;
- Legal opinion on statutory and regulatory compliance in Technology, Media and Telecommunications; Intellectual Property space;
- Handling litigation and non-litigation matters related to Intellectual Property Rights, Media & Entertainment Laws and Technology space; and
- Transactions related to Production agreements, content license agreements, mobile application agreements, telecommunication agreements, development and content aggregation , production, distribution, exploitation of films (such as acquisition, co-production, film, assignment, etc.) sponsorship and service agreements, anchor/panellist/consultant engagement agreements, website agreements, contest and website T&C, website/channel disclaimers and grievance redressal mechanism for the websites.
She was also an active contributor towards drafting of and compiling of the Legal Handbook on Media and Entertainment Book 'Role and Rule of Law' (of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Naik Naik & Co. in 2012) on the Indian Media & Entertainment Industry encompassing all the sectors including but not limited to Films, Television, Sports, Live Events, and Celebrity Endorsements.
She is an active member of:
- All India Bar Association [AIBA];
- Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa;
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle [AIPPI];
- International Trademark Association [INTA];
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association [APAA];
- World Intellectual Property Forum [WIPF]; and
- Global IP Conference [GIPC].
She has previously worked with Network18 Media & Investments Ltd. and Naik Naik & Co.